Welcome to my blog! Hoping to provide some information and insight to daily topics! :)
Feel free to email me with any questions you have!
AskingAnastasia@gmail.com

29 October 2010

28-29 October- 2 Days at Mahogany Hall

Hello friends, 

I know it has been a while since I've been online, and once again, I sincerely apologize for not having internet in the past week.  Here is an update up until RIGHT NOW!!! :)  

28 October

I woke up this morning at 10:30am (after being out until 4am, and falling asleep at 5am), took a shower, and Joe and I cleaned out the 4runner.  We were able to clean out the inside only halfway-  you wouldn't imagine the mud, dirt and rocks that ended up in this car! 

After cleaning our bodies up a bit more, we drove back into San Ignacio Town.

Going into San Ignacio
After stopping in town, we were off to Mahogany Hall.

This Place is AMAZING!  It is in Bullet Tree Falls, Belize, 10 or so minutes out of San Ignacio, and just outside of the small town of Bullet Tree.

Little Police Station on the side of the road

What most of Mainland Belize looks like.
Then off to Mahogany Hall!

The outside can be deceiving, but just wait......
Walking through the massive "old-world, church-style" door at Mahogany Hall, you are instantly transported into a tropical paradise.  Belize has some pretty phenomenal areas, however, this is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been!

Through the doors at Mahogany Hall


Enjoy the beauty of the Mopan River, while dining.  The Birds of Paradise flower reminds me of my Grandmother!

One of the most peaceful places on earth!

Beautiful Birds of Belize live at Mahogany Hall too!

 
 The friends I've been staying with in Cayo have been waiting for their truck to be picked up, and it was finally ready today.  This means, because I was the only one completely sober, I got to drive the 4Runner off-road style home through the jungle!  It felt amazing to be driving again, as on Ambergris Caye (in San Pedro), I don't have a golf cart, let alone a car!  The town is small enough, even without cars, and I haven't driven since I've been in Belize!

It was absolutely surreal driving through the hills of Belize at night, feeling the presence of Mayans passed, all around us!

When we arrived back to the cabin,  Joe and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, telling ghost stories!  

29 October

After a long, scary night of stories last night, the morning came too fast!

We came back to Mahogany Hall to do some work all day, and I'm still here!

I played with the birds, did schoolwork, caught up with my friends, checked email, and relaxed once again by the beautiful Mopan River!

 As it's getting dark here, my tummy is starting to rumble....  I'm going to figure out what is for dinner!

I should be home tomorrow, so the posts will be back to "normal"... hopefully!


Anastasia


Always  remember:  "Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there"


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love you Anastasia! Keep the blog going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

    ReplyDelete