Welcome to my blog! Hoping to provide some information and insight to daily topics! :)
Feel free to email me with any questions you have!
AskingAnastasia@gmail.com

14 October 2010

Just one of those days

Hey everyone, 

You know those days where you just get up, and you don't feel awesome?  Something just gets you... 

Well, you guessed it... 

That's today for me.  I have something on my mind that is jamming me up, and its somewhat of an internal struggle.  I'm trying to make myself feel better, but it really isn't working.

People say, "Just do something to distract you..."

Ok, so I've been working.  A lot.  Work work work- gotta fill the time.  It helps pass the time.. but then I stop working, and there's the issue again.  I feel that "distracting" myself is just another form of running from the issue.

So what else can I do?

If I sit there, and think about it, and try to resolve it... then I get sucked even further into the madness of "what ifs" and "I should haves".  Furthermore, I make the situation worse by assigning and assuming meaning to something that might not have any...

Unfortunately, I know that nothing can immediately solve the issue.  There is nothing I can do at this moment, but accept things as the way they are.  I have no other option, unless I want to keep driving myself insane, or keep losing sleep.  

There are some people, things and situations in my life that I cannot control...  I have to accept things as the way they are and move on.



Anastasia


Always remember:   "Acknowledging and accepting powerlessness is powerful"

2 comments:

  1. OMG this is exactly how I am feeling today. I can't seem to distract myself long enough before I'm drawing short breaths and worrying my head off. This is something that I need to work on because I have turned into such the control freak. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-
    Thanks for reading and relating!
    I think the only thing I CAN do is just keep trying to live my life... I have to accept that maybe things didn't play out the way I wanted them to, but I need to turn something positive out of it.

    I might have no control, but I am powerless- not hopeless. :) I have to acknowledge that I am not a victim, and I DO have control of how I react and think from here on out.

    Good luck.

    x Anastasia x

    ReplyDelete