Welcome to my blog! Hoping to provide some information and insight to daily topics! :)
Feel free to email me with any questions you have!
AskingAnastasia@gmail.com

27 October 2010

Post-Hurricane Update

Hey everyone!

Thanks for hanging in there upon my absence!  I've not had any internet for the past few days, and let me tell you--- I MISS IT!  I've been staying with some friends in Cayo District, approx 20 min outside San Ignacio Town, Belize, and about 5 miles away from the Guatemalan Border!

View from the Cabin.  Hills are Guatemala.


The trip started with a flight over from San Pedro, Belize to Belize City.  I went with 3 friends, 3 dogs, and my cat. 

Anastasia on Plane over the Belize Barrier Reef 10-23-10

Belize's Reef!

We landed at the Municipal Airport in Belize, went to start the car, and the battery was dead!!!!  We talked a Maya Island Air worker to jump the car for us... 

Tina, Michelle's dog.  Happy to be on land!

After the jump, we drove towards San Ignacio.  We passed the "Sleeping Mayan" mountains.



On the way, we stopped at Barn & Grill and had one of the most yummy burgers EVER!  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EATING HERE!  Its just off the Western Highway!



After this yummy yummy burger, we continued on to the house.  Stopped at a grocery store to get supplies and they were building another store next to it.  This is how they construct buildings in Belize... this is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen!  I remember on my first trip to Belize, they were building a 3 story building at the time this way!



Then we arrived at the house!

This is a view from the deck-  the "dot" underneath the tree, just above the hood of the car is the Mayan Ruin.

The closeup of the "dot" on the hill!


This are just the pics from Saturday 10-23-10.

I have to get off the computer now, as I'm "borrowing" a local restaurant's internet connection in San Ignacio. :)

I'll post soon... possibly no sooner than Friday though!

Anastasia


Always remember:   "You can turn a bad situation into a good one by changing your perspective"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anastasia - Have been enjoying your blog and glad you stayed safe in the hurricane. I have a question about the dogs flying on the plane. Was that Tropic Air or Maya? Did they go in carry-on soft cases, hard crates, or ?? Is there a weight limit or any other issues with taking dogs on the little planes? I ask b/c we're going to be moving to Ambergris Caye and have a 16-lb Boston Terrier we're going to be flying down. Just trying to learn as much as we can about the process. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete