Welcome to my blog! Hoping to provide some information and insight to daily topics! :)
Feel free to email me with any questions you have!
AskingAnastasia@gmail.com

04 October 2010

4 October 2010 -- Diksha Healing

Hey everyone, 


Back tonight, for another "actual" posting.


As some of you might or might not know, I have been feeling a little "off" recently.  This has been influenced by a few different factors.  One of which, my friends Brittany and Dave left today to move back to Houston.  Before leaving, a group of friends gathered together for food and drinks at the re-opened LIME Bar.  One of my friends was there to wish the two well, and she is also a Diksha Healer.


What is a Diksha Healer?  

Also spelled Diksa, Deeksha, and Deeksa, this is basically a "subtle transfer of the divine energy of a Guru into the heart, soul and body of a disciple. This pure energy initiates a process of change in the person which ultimately leads to destruction of all evil and negative tendencies, and spurt of creative and positive powers which encourage him to strive for the highest and best in both the spiritual and material fields" (siddhashram.org).  These negative tendencies are from Karmas from past lives and with the healer's help, one works to diminish "mental, psychological and physical drawbacks so that he could make good progress with a free mind in the spheres of spiritualism and materialism." 

 After Brittany and Dave left, she performed the "blessing".


We went into a quiet room, she put on relaxing music, and I sat with my back straight with a hand on each knee, palms facing upward.  She asked me to close my eyes and meditate on the things I wanted out of my life.  I'm of course not going to tell you what I wanted, however, I kept repeating those things over and over in my head.  She came over to me and placed her hands very lightly upon my head.  They were there for about 2 minutes, but it seemed like 30.  I wanted to be distracted, but I turned up the volume of my life's goals louder in my head.  She walked away when finished, and asked me to open my eyes when ready. 

Like I said, I had been feeling "off" recently, and after the Diksha, I felt different.  Not happy, not sad.  Not enlightened, not profound.  Just different.  The only other word I could use to describe my feelings regarding the process was calm. 



So, Asking Anastasia-


"Should YOU do it?"
I found it to be a calming experience and would be interested in doing it again.  If I would do it again, you should do it!

"Did it help?"
I'm pretty sure its too early to tell, as most of the research I've done says Diksha a lifelong process.  (Sounds pretty vague and cliche', but as is life).  However, the fact that I calmed my anxiety down significantly, is proof enough to me that it helped me, if only for the time being.

"Who can conduct Diksha healings?" 
Supposedly, one has to be trained.  Courses range in time and length, as does the information provided.  If you type in google's search engine, as well as your general location, results should come up across the country.  

"What is your overall opinion of Diksha?"
I feel that it is a good outlet to meditate and breathe.  Despite if you believe it works or not, it is crucial for people to take time out of their day to refocus, recenter, and relax!!  If your day has been stressful, taking the time for yourself and diverting that attention can really help get you back where you need to be.  I have found that I get myself so worked up on the to-do's of the day, I lose sight of the MOMENT. 


Anastasia




Always remember:  "You can restart your day at ANY TIME!"


 



No comments:

Post a Comment